New Age Roleplay
Welcome to The New Age RP! This is a magic-based fantasy RPG where your wildest dreams come true.~ Feel free to look around before you decide whether you wish to join or not. Once you've joined, you'll be able to join us in the chatbox, make posts, send messages, and other things only members may do!

- Staff of TNARP
New Age Roleplay
Welcome to The New Age RP! This is a magic-based fantasy RPG where your wildest dreams come true.~ Feel free to look around before you decide whether you wish to join or not. Once you've joined, you'll be able to join us in the chatbox, make posts, send messages, and other things only members may do!

- Staff of TNARP
New Age Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheSenescent

TheSenescent

In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) Empty
PostSubject: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:00 pm

If there was ever a particularly fun place to explore, it was the Auran continent. Such a vast place, with many places teeming with life. The Elves' original desire to shut everyone out actually helped keep the environment fairly wild, and that made it a number one travel destination for The Detective. Mountains, forests, plains, it had it all. Not only that, but also plenty of animals and other oddities to explore in-between. Who knows how many ancient ruins were nested in some unexplored area?

Nobody. But that's what made exploring fun, at least when you were actually searching for such things. The Detective, albeit a man of learning, was a bit easier to please. He came here not to find treasures of grandeur or to awaken ancient beings, but to blend in with the birds. That's right, birds. Somewhere near the hiking trails that took one back wards the Auran capital from Vouno Seira was a small clearing with a particularly odd man in it.

From a distance, you'd hear imitation avian calls amongst a group of chirping mockingbirds or some other species. With unsuccessful calls you'd then see The Detective's bumbling head poke up out of the bushes, with a big, stupid grin spread across his face. Without hesitation, he would leap up out of the bushes and begin flapping his trench coat as if it were a pair of magnificent wings. Cawing like a fool, the birds would be startled and fly away.

"Ah-ha-ha! I love birds!" the Detective shouted, obviously enjoying his own silliness.

He looked around, searching for other animals to disturb. It was his own odd way of finding fun in nature, as he'd already meditated and done everything else for the day. If only there was someone else to run about with, he thought. The Detective reached within his coat and retrieved his still-burning pipe, a gentle billow rising from the bowl. If one was close enough, they would smell a hint of cinnamon on top of the thick tobacco. A few puffs later and the Detective sighed, putting the pipe away and patting his coat's pocket.

"They're so important, but it's awfully hard to communicate with them. I guess I'll just have to try once I sneak up on some other ones. It takes hours, though! So damn long just for the birds..."

Off in his own world, the Detective was currently unsuspecting of anyone that might approach.

___

The Detective's Stamina
300/300
The Detective's Mana
600/600
The AMM's Battery
300/300

Status Effects
Rant (Subject: Birds, -75 Speed/Reflexes for this post)
Back to top Go down
Mujin

Mujin

Character sheet
Gold: 3000
Class: GrandMaster
EXP: 48000

PostSubject: Re: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 pm

Mujin and Marley were currently up in this area looking for animals, he had already prior in the day found two mountain lions and was simply bored so he decided to try to locate something of more value, however as he moved about he noticed a man talking to himself and simply began watching him from a rock above him. Marley would be sitting somewhat on Mujin lap getting a petting every now and then but for the most part the two were silent, simply observing if the male managed to find something in this area Mujin would take it since this was his land to be tamed something he had claimed once he became the royal tamer.

However considering the male was not a Elve he could be a merchant or some thing of low priority. Now was the time to find out Marley would jump down first landing with no sound her feet muffled from a skillful pounce, if the man held some skill in reflexes he would hear that followed by the thud of Mujin hitting the floor and offering a wave.

Why you talking to yourself fool

Mujin would be holding his Kunai Receiver which at the moment would be letting off electrical shocks due to being used prior to catch Marley to be exact. Mujin would scan the male as he waited for a response leaning against as he waited and began looking for any animals he could possibly add to his collection.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Crystal

Character sheet
Gold: 11,000
Class: Elder
EXP: 80,000

PostSubject: Re: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 2:29 pm

The member 'Mujin' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Discover Creature' :
In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) DnT9EeA
Back to top Go down
https://tnarp.rpg-board.net
TheSenescent

TheSenescent

PostSubject: Re: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:15 pm

The Detective's ranting had gone to the back of his mind as he paced around in a circle, instead trying to figure out what else he'd wanted to do for the day. As much as he enjoyed chasing around the birds, it was frankly too much work to do it more than once. Who wanted to sit in a bush for hours and just wait for a flock of them to arrive, only for them to fly away? All the bugs, and crunching leaves, and poking sticks - just uncomfortable! The Detective certainly didn't want to do that again, even though he didn't really mind.

It seemed that something was going to make his day just a bit more interesting, however. His thoughts were interrupted by movement in the forest. Of all the things that he could sense, The Detective learned to pay very close attention to all forms of life that were moving towards him. He didn't like it when people followed him, except sometimes when it was fun and he'd play a prank on them, but it usually meant there was going to be some sort of confrontation. Out here in the wilderness? Either he'd disturbed a hunter or some sort of ravenous beast.

With his senses back in order, The Detective got in detection mode and prepared for the encounter. The first of the creatures came forward, the initial physical contact being sound. A soft landing, followed by the emergence of a mountain lion. Female by appearance, The Detective was only slightly relieved until someone else came behind it. The second signature turned out to be an Elf, as he could see from the ears. That would be obvious for ninety percent of the population, though. He was in the land of pointy things, after all.

The presumed male waved whilst the lion appeared to be at his command, suggesting that he was a tamer, but how good of one The Detective couldn't quite guess right off the bat. Still, it was pretty impressive to see a tamed mountain lion. People had all kinds of weird pets, but that one was fairly unique.

"Why are you talking to yourself, fool?" the Elf said, breaking the tension between them.

It seemed he was interested in The Detective's antics after all. He smiled and slapped his hands together, rubbing them as he glanced around the trees before returning to the Elf's gaze, rambling as he did so.

"Oh, you know, it helps me think from time to time. Nothing particularly important, I suppose. I mean, I'm not mad or anything. Oh, what's that?"

The Detective's focus shifted to the sparking kunai that the elf was gripping, seemingly ready to enter combat should he have to. Or maybe he was just waiting for the right moment to strike? It could all be an ambush, but that was probably unlikely. Quite silly, really. Why would anyone attack a total stranger for no reason at all? Then again, there are such things as bandits. Back to the kunai!

"Is that lightning you're charging there? Electrically charged throwing knives of some sort?" The Detective mused, leaning forward just a few inches to take a better look.

He then stood up straight and grinned once again, his expression delighted.

"Brilliant! I've heard rumors of people being born with mastery of that element. Never met one, but then again, are you one? I don't know."

The Detective reached within his coat and retrieved his pipe, puffing off of it one more time before he looked back over and appeared to be in shock.

"Oh, I'm The Detective, by the way! Nice to meet you, sir? Person?"

He put his pipe away, the small cloud of smoke drifting off as he took a step forward and extended his hand for a shake. What an odd encounter to have all the way out here. Nonetheless, the Detective hoped it would be a fairly interesting one. He liked interesting people, they made everything a bit less boring.

The Detective's Stamina
300/300
The Detective's Mana
600/600
The AMM's Battery
300/300

Status Effects
N/A

Special Abilities Used

Name: Vast Feelings in a Small World
Class: 2
Type: Passive
Description: Another ability that James took notice to and began to utilize was his ability to synchronize with the humming of life. Born of nature, he quickly discovered that he could feel the world around him without actually touching it. In great detail, he could see everything within his mind in an area around him. This sense allowed him to visualize physical concepts, discover the presence of people, or even the presence of magic.

While James can filter out these feelings most of the time, he can also focus them in order to track down different things. He can mentally 'feel' and search for people, objects, and sources of magic in his environment at a distance equal to his control divided by 2 in meters.

Back to top Go down
Mujin

Mujin

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:19 pm

Mujin would turn his gaze into the air the moment the male began to speak over looking a bird that simply landed in the middle of the two he would kneel down as he listened to the male, for the most part Mujin could tell the male was a bit off talking to himself and justifying it. Mujin would simply laugh before spinning the kunai within his hand and launching it forward however not just one but three followed by a burst of lightning surrounding the Falcon that had appeared, what was happening was simple Mujin was gonna catch this animal though it was weak Falcons were very useful in terms of espionage, the sudden throwing of the kunai could possibly startle the man due to him leaning in close to observe the objects but assuming it was apparent Mujin was a tamer from his animal companion he could only deduce the man would brush it of as something common taking advantage of the opportunity.

My name is Mujin, and yes i suppose i am pretty handy with lightning. Born with it possibly, who knows

Marley would dart forward in order to ready itself for the Falcon if it so much as took a aggressive flapping of the wings to get into the air. If it was knocked out from the lightning than the beast would be picked up and brought to Mujin following a examination of the animal he would note it was a adult male. He could tell it was a adult from it's thin tapered wings and from simply grasping the animal he could tell it was not big enough to be a female, however if the animal acted aggressive then things would go different.

Mujin would make it a thing to keep his eye's upon the male known as detective, for the most part he still didn't know much about him and at the moment he didn't have a reason to dwell but if one became apparent then Mujin would make the need for more information notable.
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Crystal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 4:19 pm

'Tame Creature' :
In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) TYlx1ta
Back to top Go down
Mujin

Mujin

Character sheet

Second roll due to skill~
Back to top Go down
Crystal
Admin
Crystal

Character sheet

'Tame Creature' :
In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) TYlx1ta
Back to top Go down
TheSenescent

TheSenescent

PostSubject: Re: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 2:42 pm

The Detective's off thoughts and continuous ramblings seemed to be cut off by a swift action from the Elf, of which the Detective could easily perceive, but was still startled. The man tossed his knives of lightning at such an angle they would not hit the Detective, yet still he flinched, letting out a 'Woah!' as he took a few steps back and watched the knives shoot up towards a passing falcon. At first thinking it was going to be killed, The Detective reached within his coat, but the knives quickly encircled the beast and instead attempted to trap it. Deciding it was better not to reveal his usefulness just yet, The Detective retrieved his wineskin instead and sipped from the water that was within ti before returning it to his coat. The Elf spoke as he did.

"My name is Mujin, and yes I suppose I'm pretty handy with lightning. Born with it possibly, but who knows?"

The lion prepared itself to defend, but Mujin seemed to head over and simply inspect the creature. Observing it, appreciating it, wondering of its usefulness. This was somewhat fascinating to The Detective, but he wasn't going to let his guard fall down again. Not quite yet, anyway. If he found something good to ramble about, then he might just end up hurting himself by tripping over a bush or something.

"Look at that! You've used the lightning to bind it, so now you can investigate without coming into harm. Or much harm, anyway. I was worried for the bird for a moment, but-"

The Detective's words were interrupted by the bird seemingly coming back to life and fleeing its captor, who may or may not pursue it, but definitely seemed to let it go. The Detective shrugged, smiling as he watched the creature fly off over the treetops in a fairly panicked manner. Birds will be birds, mostly ignorant and afraid of humanoids. That's why they were so damn difficult to communicate with! But that's a topic for another time.

"So I take it you're out to tame some animals today? You seem to be skilled, as I see from your lion companion, but I suppose the bird was just a little too finicky."

The Detective shoved his hands deep into his pockets and just smiled, waiting for some sort of response or some thing to notice to keep the conversation going. They were still in the slightly awkward stage before being true acquaintances, where every word counted.

___

The Detective's Stamina
300/300
The Detective's Mana
600/600
The AMM's Battery
300/300

Status Effects
N/A

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)   In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In the Land of Pointy Things (Mostly Ears; Open, NK)
Page 1 of 1